We are always interested in hearing from talented individuals, even if there is no current opening which fits your background. You can register your interest by clicking here to enter our Career Portal
, or send your CV to our Human Resources team at email@example.com
UK Application Engineer
This position reports to the UK Application Specialist, and supports the UK Field Sales team by providing presale and post sales application support
Provide in field project support for UK sales team to insure succesful project specifciation & delviery
Provide Project management for key opportunities including scheduling, parts required, supplier managment and assist installation
Assist in the technical skill development of the UK sales team
80% field based ( UK travel)
Provide technical input into project to support the sales process and likihood of success.
Design and develop non standard mounting frames and bespoke elements required to deliver sussessful projects
Preferrably Mechanical Bias
Attention to detail a must
Knowledge of CAD or similar design packages
Understanding of UK manufacturing process and standard
HNC Engineering related Topic (Preferrable Mechanical & mechatronics)
Qualified Mechanical apprentice with knowledge of UK manufacturing sector
Linx is seeking a Business Systems Analyst with strong functional knowledge of SAGE ERP, Salesforce CRM and associated applications and technologies. In addition, knowledge of SQL Server, Qlikview, ERP systems and Microsoft development environments (VB and .Net) would be beneficial.
Working within the Business Systems team the role will identify business requirements, define and agree specifications and deliver solutions in conjunction with the business user representatives. An element of work will involve managing and resolving help-desk calls related to all business applications, including Sage ERP, VB programs developed in-house, Salesforce and Qlikview. This role will also encompass occasional support for the network infrastructure, servers and clients when required and in conjunction with the existing IT team.
This person must be highly analytical and have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable working with individuals throughout the IT and business organization.
Find out more
Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director is responsible for developing the HR vision and leading all strategic and operational aspects of Human Resources across Linx Printing Technologies Global. This role provides consultation and guidance to the president of the business and the organisation’s senior leadership team to help them achieve the business goals through effective human resource strategies.
This role is also responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Human Resource team based in China, France and UK, leading the strategic thinking process and applying knowledge of HR trends and patterns to HR issues, challenges and opportunities. This role will provide change management guidance across the global business and be proficient in communicating and developing communication to land change initiatives and educate associates.
This role requires a passionate individual who has the confidence and presence to challenge and influence senior leaders on key human resource issues. The individual will drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through talent management strategies and coaching of senior managers.
The individual will have a high degree of integrity and work in a collaborative manner as part of the EMEA HR Product Identification team, supporting the development and implementation of progressive HR strategies across the platform.
Find out more
- Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
- Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
- Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successful Inkjet Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Preferably Degree Qualified - Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive) or Science (Physics) discipline
- Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments
- Analytical, evidence driven approach
- Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
- Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable
- Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
Familiarity with the following would be advantageous:
- Basic scripting languages such as lua
- CAD packages such as CREO
- Analytical tools such as Mathcad
- Modeling packages such as Comsol at a sufficient level to communicate ideas
Find out more
Mechanical Engineering Manager
- To own and deliver mechanical systems (incorporating the integration of complex electronics, software and fluids) for new products or associated equipment that meet quality, performance, time and cost targets.
- Once delivered ensure the above mechanical systems are maintained in a state that is fit for sale.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance of both new and existing products.
- Continually develop (where appropriate), implement, refine and champion business tools to drive continuous improvement within the mechanical team including reductions in time to market through improved sense of urgency, critical thinking, right first time, ownership and accountability
- Ensure the mechanical engineering team are using and continue to use best practice product development toolsets.
- Responsible for and owner of all accelerated product development and VAVE mechanical designs. Ensures these meet agreed project KPI’s including quality, performance, time and cost by ensuring robust design, design review, verification and validation occurs through robust process.
- Responsible for ensuring new products are in a regulatory compliant state at launch.
- Responsible for driving continual motivation, critical thinking, best practice, technical competence and a sense of urgency into the mechanical team.
- Owns and continually improves the engineering department mechanical engineering and regulatory compliance standard processes including standard toolsets (CAD, PDM, FEA etc).
- Ensures products stay in a fit for sale state from a regulatory perspective.
- Works with the Research team to bring new technologies to Linx.
- Technical specialist on all mechanical engineering matters within the Engineering Department.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained by closing out risks and then sustaining change.
- Hands on manager and problem solver.
Find out more
Technical Support Apprenticeship
Linx Printing Technologies is excited to be recruiting a Technical Support Specialist Apprentice.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in engineering and customer support to join our global organization in order to build on our technical support team.
The role will include support and guidance from other members of the team in order to gain a broad understanding of all key printing technologies and to build a solid foundation for future career progression. This is a unique opportunity offering you genuine career development prospects through on the job training, training courses, hands-on training while gaining a qualification.
Once the basic training is completed, you will spend some time in the sample marking department assisting our sample marking technician to process the samples for our customers and distributors. You will also be involved in the technical support daily activities like providing technical issue resolution for our customers and distributors and developing their technical knowledge.
Once qualified and trained you will be expected to:
- Provide technical issue resolution for Linx customers and distributors, giving detailed responses within agreed response times.
- Build successful relationships and partnerships within our distributor network. Lead visits and/or regular conference calls to review open issues and metrics with our distributor partners.
- Visit distributors and customers to provide sales and service support, assist with on-site problem resolution and on-going technical issues.
- Build effective relationships across the organisation and report back findings from field failures.
- Contribute to other projects within the business (e.g. new product development) to provide the customer and service engineer perspective.
- Develop the Technical Support Knowledge Base.
- Ensure department KPIs and objectives are met in regard to case response time, case first time fix, inventory and number of closed cases.
- Assist with the sample marking service on a regular basis.
- The successful candidate will:
- Show an interest in engineering (electrical and/or mechanical)
- Show an interest to work within a Customer Support/Service environment
- Have willingness to learn about Linx technologies
- Desire or ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Customer Service drive and focus with proactive approach
- Clear communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
Find out more
This position is for a chemist, working within a small team involved in the development and testing of new inks, testing of third party inks, and maintenance of the existing ink range. This position also entails providing support across the business including to our Ink Manufacturing and Customer Service teams, and dealing with HSE and regulatory enquiries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand ink jet printers and their interactions with inks
- Plan, lead and execute development projects and investigations including wet chemistry and hands-on running of printer trials
- Use data to generate high quality reports and to make effective decisions
- Work as part of a wider cross functional team to bring projects to completion and make continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Contribute to ensuring high standards of HSE and 5S in the workplace
With a PhD/BSc or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer Science or related degree, you will be a competent scientist with industrial development experience, and have general laboratory and chemical skills, ideally including the formulation and testing of inks and coatings. Hands-on experience with inkjet printing equipment is an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Team player - a key attribute is the ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to build relationships within and across functions
- Knowledge of inks, surface coatings, dispersion systems
- Creativity and the ability to use initiative for independent work
- Interest in Engineering
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Professional membership (RSC, IoP, IoM3)
Find out more