How to get the most of your contract packaging possibilities with Linx Printing Technologies
When it comes to contract packaging, companies are increasingly looking to consolidate their code printing requirements. Requiring multiple devices to print onto different sized containers and different material types is costly and inefficient. Companies now need to offer a full-service solution to be relevant and competitive.
When working with primary and secondary packaging, coding requirements may differ between the two, including printing on different substrates such as plastic, cardboard and metal. Traceability requirements such as visible, permanent codes to manage product recalls may be the same between the two, but code sizes will be different. If you are using multiple printers to achieve these requirements you could be wasting time and money.
New packaging trends
Companies also need to consider supporting packaging trends such as new substrates, packaging product shapes and sizes and environmental issues such as reducing materials used. For example, a product that offers “single serving portions” as well as the standard size potions will require a coder which can print the same information on different shapes and sizes of packaging. The information must be accurate and legible and permanent for traceability. It’s no use if a code can be smudged or wiped off a particular substrate.
Keeping costs down
Many contract packaging companies are introducing manufacturing techniques to cut costs and improve competitiveness. By implementing the right printing technology into your contract packaging business, you can significantly cut costs, keep competitive and offer more to your customers.
With a single printing solution you can significantly cut cost in the following areas;
- Keep equipment costs at a minimum. Purchase and maintain a single coder that can complete all your required tasks such as primary to secondary packaging.
- Maximize efficiency. The production line is only as fast as the coder, so choose a coder with high reliability and long service intervals and which is quick and easy to maintain.
- Ensure you can switch product runs quickly to keep the production line moving for longer. Choose a coder with an intuitive and easy to use interface for quick set ups.
Linx Continuous Inkjet printers and Laser Coders can print information, such as text, dates, barcodes and logos on a wide range of porous and non-porous substrates. This enables both primary and secondary coding with easy to use, easy to maintain printers, making your contract packaging operation more efficient and cost effective.
- Reliability: Linx coders are industry leaders in reliability, with long service intervals and robust design. For example, Linx CIJ (Continuous Ink Jet) coders have an enclosure rating of up to IP65 to ensure the highest reliability. They can be self-serviced in minutes with no special training required.
- Ease of use: Linx coders have intuitive interfaces which make it easy to select and store messages. Consumable changes such as ink or ribbons are simple and mess-free and can be done without stopping the printer, saving you downtime.
- Mobility: Linx CIJ printers can weigh as little as 10kg complete with fluids, making it quick and easy to move between production lines and set up for coding.
- Versatility: Linx printers can print in any orientation – downwards, sideways, even upside down with no compromise on print quality or printer reliability. Laser printers are recommended for advanced applications due to their any-orientation configuration.
- Flexibility: Linx printers are available with a range of inks or ribbon colors and types for most porous and non-porous substrates.
Find out how Linx can help you expand your contract packing capabilities by contacting us.