Packaging of perishable goods such as fish require fast, efficient solutions, and that includes your coding equipment.
Linx printers are designed to deliver reliable operation in the most demanding of production applications including high speed lines, varying pack materials, and wet, cold, saline or greasy environments.
Linx coders are used the world over for batch and date printing onto packaging in the fish industry. Their robust design makes them ideal for the challenging conditions found on fish packaging production lines. Downtime or reworks are avoided, meaning your product makes it to market as fresh as possible, and scrappage is reduced. Linx CIJ printers provide
• Stainless steel, IP65 rated enclosures which protect against moisture and dust ingression, and ensure continual, reliable operation
• Self-cleaning printheads – to ensure clean start ups, first time every time, and which deliver consistent code quality
• High speed options for coding onto canning lines; up to 500 cans per minute.
Fresh batch coding
Packaging in the fish industry presents several challenges for coding equipment. Linx CIJ inks for Linx printers include inks which provide long-lasting codes onto cans, films and pouches even with a covering of condensation or oil light films of oil:
• Linx black oil-penetrating ink 1062 – ideal for coding onto flexible packaging such as OPP and other plastic films. Penetrates a light oil coating which may be present in fish packing applications. Also offers excellent adhesion to cans and resists removal after retort or cooking processes
• Linx black grease-penetrating ink 1063
– penetrates grease on plastic food packaging and cans, and also conforms to Swiss Ordinance 817.023.21 (for food packaging applications)
• Linx thermochromic inks – produce a durable code on tins which then undergo retort processes. They also undergo a colour change during this process which provides a visual indicator that the process has been completed
Test your own products with Linx inks – use our sample marking service by completing the form on the right.
Flexible coding solutions for packaging types
Linx coders are flexible to fit easily into your fish packaging operation including canning, thermoforming, sleeve wrapping or sealing machines:
• Linx CIJ coders print in any orientation with a choice of conduit lengths and right-angled printheads
• Range of inks for coding onto card sleeves, flow wrapping, vaccum packs and cans
• Linx 8900 CIJ printers include a carton coding option for printing up to 20mm high – combine both primary and secondary coding with one printer
• Outer case coders
produce large, high quality printing onto secondary card boxes – replace labels and pre-printed packaging with one simple solution
Increase your productivity – find out how to make production savings by applying lean manufacturing principles to your coding equipment – download our White Paper