Linx has been providing reliable and cost-effective coding and marking solutions to packaging manufacturers and contract packers since 1987. Our decades of experience have allowed us to develop high-quality hardware and associated software that you can rely on for fast, efficient, and effective coding and marking.
Our range of continuous inkjet (CIJ) and laser coders are ideal for a wide range of coding applications. They can be used for marking a full variety of substrates used in both primary and secondary packaging coding and marking.
Linx coders are well known for their reliability, trouble-free operation, and low total cost of ownership. The Linx brand is the standard for high-quality marking equipment that is ideal for any packaging coding application.
Coding for product identification and packaging
At Linx we offer a wide range of packaging marking and coding solutions for primary and secondary packaging printing, including:
- Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) inks for a range of materials – from paper and card to plastic and packaging films
- Thermal Inkjet (TIJ) coding for primary and secondary packaging. High quality coding and a clean alternative to roller coders and valvejet systems
- Laser Coders – for permanent packaging coding – ideal for high value goods, anti-counterfeiting and high speed lines
- Large Character Coders - high resolution coding for large character printing onto secondary packaging – save costs by replacing labels or pre-printed packaging
“We can now also code onto plastic tubs, bottles, buckets and all manner of shapes and sizes – some of which we were unable to do before we used the Linx” Steve Potter, Universal Flexible Packaging
What are the benefits of our printers for packaging coding?
- Renowned reliability on 24/7 lines – reduce your downtime
- Less maintenance with unique self-cleaning systems
- Lower cost of ownership – long service intervals, self-service models
- Easy to use – create or select messages using simple menus and touch screen interfaces, for quick code changes and setup
- Flexible - accurate coding on a range of materials, product shapes and line speeds
The flexibility of coding solutions is important to our customers, particularly those involved in contract packaging coding and marking. Our packaging printers offer easy: easy integration onto your existing lines, setup of codes is intuitive, and where needed some coders can be quickly moved to where you need them.
Additional flexibility is achieved through a full range of code formats including text, variable dates, and quality graphics and logos, maximising the coding options for contract packers who need to meet their customers’ stringent packaging printing requirements.
Whether you are involved in secondary or primary packaging coding and marking, our coders make it possible for you to print virtually anywhere on your package, in any orientation, and onto a wide range of substrates.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
Whether you choose a CIJ or laser coding solution from Linx, you will enjoy low ownership costs thanks to our design standards for quality and efficiency. Our CIJ coders reduce ongoing costs by efficiently using inks and solvents; our laser coders offer fast line speeds and effective coding without the need for consumables. The efficiency of both ranges of coding solutions means reduced long term costs.
Linx coders are designed and built to save money on maintenance as well. We offer coders with built-in self-service options, while all of our coders are designed for long intervals between service, keeping maintenance costs to a minimum by reducing the amount of service our equipment requires.