Coding and marking for pharmaceuticals is an extremely specialised process that our customers cannot afford to leave to chance. When you work with Linx, you are working with a company that has, since 1987, produced coding equipment used throughout the pharmaceuticals industry to deliver accurate and legible codes.
We offer a pharmaceutical coding range that includes printers and inks specifically designed around the needs of pharmaceutical companies. Our coders can meet your requirements for:
- High line-speed environments
- Very small code printing
- Food grade inks for ingestible products
- Cost-effective manufacturing
Linx provides an array of products that are ideal for the needs of pharmaceutical companies of all sizes. For example, our range of specialist inks allows our customers to safely and effectively mark their products in ways unique to pharmaceuticals. This includes food-grade inks that can be used to mark ingestible products, like capsules, or UV-readable inks for anti-counterfeiting measures.
Our inkjet pharmaceutical coding printers are built based on an industrial printing design that keeps ink waste at a minimum. This ensures cost-effective printing and coding for sensitive pharmaceutical manufacturing. Where inkjet coding is not appropriate, customers use our laser coding solutions.
Laser coding is ideal for applications that demand extremely small printing. Our range of laser coders offers permanent, micro-printing capabilities ideal for anti-counterfeiting, or for coding directly onto capsules with codes as small as 0.8mm. Even our inkjet coders are capable of small print, with sizes as small as 1.4 mm.
Meet Your Production Needs
The modern pharmaceuticals industry uses high-speed production lines requiring fast printers and coders that must keep up. High line speeds are not a problem for Linx coders. Both CIJ and laser coders can be installed in any high-speed production line without compromising quality. Even better, our coders can code in any orientation, making installation simple with minimal impact on your existing workflows Long flexible CIJ conduits allow printhead positioning into most production line setups, whilst articulated arms and compact marking heads on our lasers make integration into your pharmaceutical line quicker than most, reducing your downtime and the need for retro-engineering of your production line to accommodate new coders.
Meet your production needs with a Linx coder designed and built to the highest, industry-leading standards of reliability; standards that include long intervals between service times. Linx coders are designed to be robust and reliable, minimising downtime and maximising productivity.
Comply with EU Legislation
Ensure that your pharmaceutical coding solutions are within the requirements of the EU Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) – consider the best technologies for your production environment, product, and complexity of code:
- Linx laser coders
- Linx laser coders produce indelible high quality text, graphics and machine-readable codes such as QR and 2d Data Matrix codes
- Code a large amount of traceability information into a small area with the small beam size of a Linx laser
- Code onto the widest range of materials and at the highest speeds in the market
- Linx Fibre lasers can also code onto bare metal, and on both static and on-the-fly coding applications
- Continuous Ink Jet printers
- CJ400LE for laboratory coding applications – clean, quiet and compact
- UV readable inks for anti-counterfeiting and discreet codes. Download the datasheet
- Food grade inks that meet FDA and EU regulations, for coding directly onto tablets
- Micro printing sizes
- Linx Black PE Ink 1130 - Excellent adhesion to polyethylene (PE) and most polypropylene (PP) applications. Download the datasheet.