Coding and marking in the ready-meals and frozen foods sector places multiple demands on your equipment.
Cold, dry and washdown environments bring with them the risk of water ingress to your production equipment, affecting their reliability and risking downtime. With margins already tight, you can help protect your line against downtime with the right choice of coder.
Increasing diversification of packaging shapes and materials, from plastic tubs and bags to card sleeves and cartons, are helping manufacturers achieve shelf stand-out in a growing industry. This in turn challenges the versatility of your coding equipment to print consistently accurate batch codes onto an expanding range of packaging.
Ready-meals and frozen food manufacturers across the world embrace Linx printers for their ease of use, versatility, and reliability. We support our customers’ Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by reducing downtime and maximising their production line efficiencies.
“Clear printing, ease of use and price per print were key factors for us and the Linx printer delivers on all counts” Quality Foods
- Easy to use, icon-led touch screens for quick and accurate code selection and creation
- Reduce your coding errors with prompted fields for message creation
- Store several line settings and quickly retrieve them when printers are moved between lines
- Specialist CIJ inks including a grease-penetrating ink which adheres to food packaging
Versatile coding solutions
- Meet diverse customer and legislative requirements for printed codes - print up to 5 lines of clear, legible date and batch codes, barcodes and logos
- Versatile CIJ printers which include a carton coding option for secondary packaging
- Print in any orientation with a choice of conduit lengths and right-angled printheads – easy to position on your line and integrate with packaging equipment
- Outer case coders produce large, high quality printing onto secondary card boxes – replace labels and pre-printed packaging
- React quickly to new product lines with the Linx 10 - a compact, portable printer which is quick and easy to set up yet still delivers premium code quality
Increase your productivity with reliable batch coding
- Stainless steel, IP55-rated enclosures which support continual, reliable operation in washdown environments
- Measure your OEE with built-in, real-time output measurement features with clear, on- or off-target alerts
- Self-cleaning printheads – to ensure clean startups, first time every time, and which deliver consistent code quality
- Self-servicing and quick, clean cartridge refills keep your downtime to a minimum
- High speed variants for coding on line speeds up to 6.25m/s
Increase your productivity – find out how to make production savings by applying Lean Manufacturing principles to your coding equipment – download our White Paper
Test your packaging materials with Linx coding solutions – use our sample marking service by completing the form on the right.