High-Speed Marking & Coding for Wire and Cable
Manufacturers and distributors of wires, cables and similar products face unique challenges. With tight margins and material costs exerting continual pressure, it is essential to choose specialist marking and coding equipment which is simple to use and minimises total cost of ownership without compromising quality or uptime.
The industry also requires reliable traceability and product identification across a complex range of product sizes, materials and colours - sometimes in difficult production environments, plus with a range of legislative and customer expectations to meet.
Linx high-speed coding systems provide a robust answer to these common requirements. Both continuous inkjet printers and laser coders from Linx are able to print directly on wire/cable, designed especially for reduced maintenance, monitoring & downtime while also offering trouble-free integration with your existing production processes.
Benefits of Linx coding systems for Wire & Cable manufacturers:
- Easy, intuitive message selection to reduce errors and minimise waste
- In-built reliability with IP-rated outer casings & printheads to resist contamination
- Uncompromisingly fast line speeds, in extreme or difficult manufacturing conditions
- High-quality codes with fast-drying inks or laser coding - robust, legible, traceable
- Faster changeovers & flexibility, suitable for a vast range of code sizes & materials
- Integration with metre marking software, enabling full control of code placement
Solutions for Coding & Marking Wire and Cable
Linx provides multiple solutions enabling direct printing and accurate coding of small characters, even onto fibre optic cables. Browse our products & get in touch with us to discuss your coding solution, tailored to your production requirements, helping you to reduce downtime and scrappage costs to deliver a top-quality service for your customers.
A permanent marking solution offering high-speed capability for clear and consistent codes, with low downtime and no consumables. Suitable for most materials, with a low cost of ownership over the system’s lifetime.
Linx CIJ solutions provide specialist inks to ensure contrast and durability, printable on most plastics and even fibre optic cables. Flexible & reliable non-contact solution offering speeds of 2,600+ characters per second.
Common Applications & Capabilities
- Product identification
- Characters, text and logos
- Batch numbers/lot numbers
- Inks & fluid - pigmented & more
- Wire, cable, fibre optics
- PCBs & electronic components
- Rubber - synthetic & natural
- Plastic - PVC/PE/PVC & more
- Effective with nearly any material
Not sure which product is best for your wire & cable marking requirements?