How IIoT improves operation and better manages a production line
Visible, real-time data helps to improve operations. The benefits of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is that you’re able to track live data and use it to compare and project forward.
It provides production / engineering managers with insights into inefficiencies and remote access and control of equipment enabling them to better manage the production line whilst allowing more time to handle other strategic issues.
What are the benefits of IIoT?
- enables managers to be more reactive to problems at a much faster rate, reducing downtime and getting production back on track quickly.
- ability to view the current status of equipment from anywhere, no more walking the line to check the status of equipment, IIoT gives managers peace of mind and time to focus on higher priority tasks.
- provides visibility of production runs and how production is progressing towards target end times so changeovers can be optimized, no delays.
- can review production data to improve forecasting. The data optimizes production schedules to allow manufacturing businesses to become leaner and more profitable.
How can IIoT improve a supplier’s service?
Having connected devices also means that equipment manufacturers are able to deliver improved service at all levels:
- Reactive – follow up on alerts when they have been ignored and the issue persists
- Proactive – provide advice before an issue has halted the line and upskill staff remotely on issues that may cause an error
- Predictive – identify a part before failure and take action
Harnessing the data created by IIoT, and using it to streamline and improve production, is a massive game changer for production and engineering managers in all industries. Ultimately, of all the upsides, the main benefit is that visible, real-time data can give you complete peace of mind.