Linx 8940 Spectrum
Less cleaning, more coding
Revolutionary high-contrast pigmented ink printer.
The Linx 8940 Spectrum continuous ink jet printer has been specifically designed for demanding production lines with high-speed requirements. It prints reliably on wire, cable, extruded plastic, glass bottles and jars with white, blue or grey pigmented inks. With smart features, the CIJ printer can be shutdown for up to one month and ready to print reliably on restart.
- Best-in-class high contrast printer with extended service intervals of up to 8,000 hours or 12 months with a range of Linx pigmented inks, twice that of alternative pigmented printers
- Patent-pending PureFlow® powerful filtration system purifies ink without losing opacity
- Premium print quality with patent-pending Vortex® unique mixing tank, ensuring heavy pigment is dispersed for superior marking
- Linx’s trusted 8900 series for optimum performance, including in extreme environments. Up to one month shutdown with no need to flush on startup
- Sealed printhead has no delicate parts and typically once a week cleaning, even when running the printer 24 hours a day, seven times fewer cleans in comparison to other pigmented printers
- AutoFlush zero-waste automatic printheadcleaning system leaves the printhead clean, ready for perfect start-up every time
Easy to Use
- 10 inch easy-to-use touch-screen interface, customisable home screen for fast message creation and editing while printing
- Self-service wizard to guide servicing processes
- Mistake and mess-free one-touch fluid cartridges
- Linx PrinterNet® ready for enhanced monitoring and remote control
Linx 8940 Spectrum industrial printer
“Less cleaning, less ink, easier user interface because of the touchscreen, these ones are much easier, more efficient”.Phillip Emery, Wire Prep Manager, Brucom Distribution
Patent-pending Vortex, our latest innovation made specifically for ensuring brilliant white print with brilliant print quality.
Vortex is a robust mixing tank with unique contours to collect the heavy pigment sediment in the ink. The continuous, fast mixer of the Vortex system re-disperses the pigment into the ink delivering a high-contrast, opaque print every time.
PureFlow is another patent-pending innovation – a specialist filter designed to purify heavy pigmented ink, without losing any colour.
PureFlow is a powerful filtration system which refines all of the ink in the Spectrum tank, a continuous filtration reduces the risk of blockages in the printhead, and delivers high-contrast, quality marking with every code.
Applications for the 8940 Spectrum
Linx 8940 Spectrum high opacity printer can be used in a number of different industries and on a wide variety of substrates.
The innovations and benefits of the Linx 8940 Spectrum CIJ printer are particularly suited to Wire and Cable, Extrusion, Automotive, and Food and Beverage applications.
Food and Beverage
High-speed production lines with changing message requirements can be served by the Linx 8940 Spectrum with its line speeds of up to 10m/s, and live message creation and editing during printing.
Marking even on small components. High-opacity inks in white, grey, and blue provide high-contrast codes in extreme conditions, and with strong adherence for traceability.
Ideal for plastic and metal pipes and extruded parts. Unique innovations provide assurance that the production line will not need stopping, minimising downtime and keeping your extruder running.
Wire and Cable
Designed for fast wire and cable applications, the Linx 8940 Spectrum has ‘metre marking’ for measuring the wire and cable and coding the message at the correct intervals.
Request a call
To request a sample print or demonstration of the Linx 8940 Spectrum, please contact us.
Read Brucom Case Study
Read Mrs Darlington’s Case Study
- Up to 6 lines of text, symbols, numbers, barcodes
- Data Matrix and QR codes
- Character height from 1.8 mm to 17 mm
- Maximum print speeds of up to 10 m/s
- Rotated character (‘tower’) printing
- Screen with icons, drag-and-drop field positioning, and zoom function for longer messages
- Custom date and time editor to create different date formats as required
- USB port for copy and back-up of message and printer settings, and for easy transfer of messages between printers, and downloading of output and line stoppage logs
- Message store of up to 1000
- Real-time output measurement on screen
- Output and line stoppage logs
- Screen saver shows real-time on/off target indication
- Customisable top screen for most frequently used features
- 10” colour touch screen
- Stainless steel enclosure
- IP65 (washdown) as standard
- 2m conduit as standard, with 4m option
- Weight 24.7kg
- No factory air required
- Ethernet port, with optional RS232 and Parallel I/O ports for easier integration with line equipment