Aviation and Aerospace Part Marking and Coding
Within the aviation and aerospace industry, it is vital that accurate information is permanently applied for traceability. Safety-relevant information is printed on these components by using a barcode or matrix code containing specific encrypted data. Such marking requirements on the production process can be a challenge with customer specifications, high-speed lines and tight production deadlines. However, Linx provides flexible, cost-effective solutions that deliver high quality, and clear traceability across a variety of different pack formats and material types to help meet our customer's needs.
What parts can I code?
Linx offers a solution for all parts of an aircraft, from a large wing to the smallest screw coding unique part numbers, serial, and data matrix codes.
- Fasteners: Nuts, bolts, screws, rivets etc. We have machines coding as small as 0.1mm high
- Systems Components: engines, pumps, moving shafts, flight control parts etc. We offer specialised inks able to penetrate grease and oil surfaces, allowing permanent marking
- Airframe Parts: Landing gear, brake disks, structural components etc. A wide range of inks are available in different colours showing up on light and dark surfaces
- Cabins: seats, control panels etc.
Printer Types for Aerospace and Aviation Industries
Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) Printers
Our Continuous Inkjet and Laser coders can help maximise uptime between multiple SKU’s with quick, error-free code changeovers while line setups can be stored and retrieved for repeat work.
Linx CIJ printers are designed to be durable and full-featured, meeting the highest standards of coding quality.
- Reliable coding and marking in extreme manufacturing conditions
- IP rated to cope with wet and dusty conditions
- Range of inks for specialist marking, e.g., invisible/UV coding
Linx laser metal marking machines and coding systems provides permanent traceability, making it ideal for steel part marking in automotive and aviation manufacturing.
- Improves productivity
- Optional IP protection for harsh environments
- Able to print very small characters 0.1mm high characters
The wide range of challenges across the aerospace industry means there is no one-size fits all solution. Why not speak to one of our sales team about your particular needs?